• seoteam76

The Most Common Electrical Hazards to Know and Understand

Today, people are more reliant on electricity than ever before. While this is true, it also means there are more potential electrical safety hazards than ever before in your home, factory, office, or any other location.

Do not worry. The hazards can be reduced and even eliminated by knowing what they are and taking steps to eliminate their dangers. Usually, the help of an electrician is recommended. Keep reading to learn what some of the most common electrical hazards are here.

Detective Electric Wires or Poor Wiring

Quality wiring that conforms to modern safety standards is essential. If the wiring in your building or home is not up to these standards, it increases the likelihood of power surges, fire, arc faults, and more serious problems. This is why it is always best to avoid a DIY approach to electric work. If you need electric wiring, hiring a professional electrician is highly recommended.

If you have electrical wires that are corroded, cracked, worn, or damaged, it may increase the likelihood of electrical accidents. By having a professional electrician check the wiring regularly, you can feel confident that everything is safe and operating properly.

Outlets Installed Close to Sources of Water

Do you have electric outlets in your kitchen, bathroom, or other areas where water sources are present? If so, it is essential that they are a good distance away. Remember, water conducts electricity. By keeping these two elements separate, you can reduce the likelihood of an electric shock.

Be sure that you never use a phone, hairdryer, radio, or another electric device close to the bath, sink, near the pool, or even while on a wet floor.

Wet Hands

Along with the point above, you should never use electrical appliances with wet hands. This is going to increase the likelihood that you experience an electric shock. While this is true, there are still quite a few people who reach for their hairdryer while their hands are wet. Make sure you avoid doing this to protect yourself and your home.

Using Water on an Electrical Fire

A common issue that many people make is that they pour water on an electrical fire. If you deal with this issue, you should avoid putting water on it. Pouring water on an electric fire is going to fuel it, which may result in electrocution.

Instead, have a fire extinguisher nearby if you are concerned about electrical fires. This ensures you will be prepared if this type of fire occurs. If you do not have one, then turn off all electrical power to the home or building and leave. Be sure to contact the authorities for help.

Work with an Electrician

While knowing about the most common electrical hazards is important, you must also take steps to make repairs or adjustments to any issues that may be present. Hiring an electrician for help with this will pay off and help ensure your home is electric-hazard-free.

3 views0 comments